Friday, December 4, 2015

Pecan Pie




I've heard a lot about how good the pecan pie is. So this past Thanksgiving I decided to give it a try and make it! Let me tell you something, it is amazing! I used Ree Drummond's recipe. I didn't make the pie crust from scratch, because truthfully with my one year old asking for attention I didn't have the time. I used a 9' pie crust. You can use light or dark corn syrup, for this recipe I used the light syrup. The baking time varies with this recipe. Mine took exactly 70 minutes, but it could take more or less time. It's worth every second! This is gonna be a regular, at least once a month at my house! Hope you guys loved it as much as my family. Until the next one! 


I left out an egg... it's 3 eggs not 2 ;)


Ingredients:

1 cup granulated sugar
3 Tablespoons of brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup of light corn syrup
1/3 cup melted salted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 whole eggs beaten
1 cup chopped pecans
1 9" pie crust


Procedure:


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
  2. Mix the granulated sugar, the brown sugar, salt, light corn syrup, melted salted butter, vanilla extract and the eggs together in a bowl. 
  3. Pour the pecans in the bottom of the pie shell.
  4. Pour the syrup over the top of the pecans. 
  5. Cover the top and crust gently with aluminum foil.
  6. Bake the pie for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for 20 minutes. It's important  not to burn the crust nor the pecans.
  7. The pie shouldn't jiggle a lot when removed from the oven. If you see it jiggling a lot it's important to put back the foil and bake it for 20 more minutes, until it sets. 
  8. Allow to cool overnight.





Add the granulated sugar.




Add the brown sugar.




Add the salt.




Add the light corn syrup.




Add the melted butter.




Add the vanilla extract.




Add the eggs.




Mix it all up.




Chop the pecans.







Add the pecans to the pie crust.




Pour the syrup over the pecans.




Put the aluminum foil gently over the pie. Bake for 30 minutos




After the first 30 minutes, remove the foil and bake for 20 more minutes.




If it shakes a lot, you need to put the foil back and bake for 20 more minutes.




Put back the foil to prevent the pie from burning.




Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment