Friday, December 11, 2015

Rotisserie Style Crockpot Chicken





I love to eat rotisserie chicken.  So while browsing through the internet one day, I got very excited when I found an extremely easy recipe for it (which I adapted to suit the taste buds of our toddler). I must say that this recipe isn't just the easiest whole chicken recipe you'll ever make, it's also super delicious and the chicken falls right off the bone. However with that tenderness comes an unfortunate truth... if you are planning on taking the whole chicken and putting it on a plater to present it to friends and family (like I did) you won't be able to. The meat will be so tender and juicy it will instantly slide off the bones and fall to pieces when you try to grab it.  But trust me, it won't matter... that's how good this chicken recipe is! That's how you know it's perfect! This is a recipe I do at least once a month. I hope you guys love it as much as us. Enjoy!! Until the next one!




Ingredients:

1 young chicken
3 teaspoons of salt
1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
1 teaspoon of dried thyme
1 teaspoon of onion powder
1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1 teaspoon of italian seasoning
1 lemon



Procedure:

  1. Spray your crockpot or slow cooker with non stick spray. (I used Pam)
  2. Combine all ingredients and rub them all over the chicken, inside and out. Or you can do it one by one like I did in the step by step pictures.
  3. Cut the lemon in half and put it inside the chicken.
  4. Place the chicken in the crockpot with the breast side down.
  5. Cook on high for five hours or on low for nine. I made mine in five hours.

Note:  Do not add any liquid! It's not necessary. The cooking process will make the chicken release its own juices keeping the meat tender. (This is why I like to put the breast down.) 





Put the chicken into a large mixing bowl.




Add the paprika.




Add the ground black pepper.




Add the dried thyme.




Add the onion powder and Italian seasoning. 

Rub everything all over the chicken, inside and out.




Cut the lemon and squeeze all the juice into the chicken.




Put the lemon inside the chicken as well.




Put the whole chicken in the crockpot. 




Cook on high for 5 hours




Final Result! Decadent and juicy chicken! Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment