Monday, August 25, 2014

Awesome Guacamole!


When I was a little kid (I think I was in second grade) I discovered the awesome flavor of avocado! So I decided to eat nothing but rice mixed with avocado all week long. And why wouldn't I? I'd just discovered that awesome buttery flavor. I had to, I needed to eat it every day! After making my mom buy lots of avocadoes and devouring it for lunch and dinner for seven straight days, (despite my mom's best efforts to get me to eat something else) I finally got an overdose of avocado! After that week I didn't even want to smell one!
So after nearly twenty years of not eating them I decided to bring them back into my menu. Oh avocado, I'm sorry for ever letting you go. What the hell was I thinking!! May I say, I've missed you!! We are a match made in heaven. Not that long ago I posted a refreshing salad. That recipe had avocadoes in it too. It just make me love them even more! So, avocadoes are in season rith now, and what better way of paying them a tribute than by making a sinfull, luscious and awesome guacamole!! After expressing my definite love for avocadoes... here is my recipe!

Ingredients:

white onion (half of a big one or a whole small one)
cilantro
tomato (large)
avocado
lemon juice
salt
pepper

Procedure:


First gather all your ingredients. 


Now start chopping your cilantro, white onion, and tomatoes.


Separate de avocado from the skin. The best way to do it is to scoop it with a spoon:
Cut the Avocado in half, take out the seed with a knife and put the spoon between the skin and the meat of the avocado. Carefully passit all the way and the skin comes right off!


Put the avocado in the bowl where you are gonna make the guacamole. With the same spoon roughly chop the avocado.


Then add the other ingredients to the bowl and start mixing. Add lime juice to taste. The juice is important because it keeps the avocado from going brown with oxidation. Finally add salt and pepper to taste.


Finally,time to eat! You can eat it on tortilla chips, in tacos, burritos, with meat (like in the picture) or just enjoy it by itself!



No comments:

Post a Comment