Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Vegetable Fritatta


I made this recipe for my hubby a while back, like... almost a year. It was before I got pregnant. I was on bed rest for a while and couldn't cook. After that I was too tired to even think about making elaborate recipes or anything that took more than half an hour to make, so my hubby had to eat spaguettis with chicken, mashed potatoes with chicken, quesadillas, sandwiches, rice with chicken or take out. He really loved this recipe though so I decided to make it again for him.

The first time I heard the name fritata I thought the recipe was gonna be hard to make. Sometimes they make the names more difficult than the recipe. So I took a aimple recipe and studied the basics. In a frittata the essential elements are: eggs, vegetables and the baking time. From there you can make a lot of variations. Have fun and make yourself, your partner, kids and friends some delicious and easy meals.
The traditional fritatta uses more eggs than what I used in this recipe. If you google images of fritatta recipes you will see that classic fritattas tend to be bigger and fluffier than in my recipe. The reason for the change is that I prefer using fewer eggs. But when my whole family comes for a visit, I just inclrease the eggs to make a bigger fritatta! So here is my combination for an all vegetable fritata. Hope you guys enjoy it as much as my husband and me!

Ingredients: (to taste)

Butter
Eggs
Garlic
White onion
Tomatoes
Green pepper
Red bell pepper
Cilantro
Salt
Ground black pepper


Procedure:  ( It's important to use an oven safe pan for this recipe!)



Put the butter in the pan. When the butter is melted add the garlic and cook it for a little while.


While that is in the skillet, cut the tomatoes, onions, cilantro and bell peppers.
Put all the ingrdients in, except for the cilantro. When the onions look transluscent add the cilantro. 


Mix up the eggs then pour them onto the vegetables and cook for two minutes.


Put the pan in the oven at 350 grades for 15 to 20 minutes. Take the pan out of the oven and it will look like the picture above or bigger depending on the quantity of the eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment