Saturday, August 30, 2014

Guava Sauce

 
This past Sunday we decided to have our baby's first BBQ gathering at my parent's house, but the weather didn't let us. So we decided to cook inside. My brother is obsessed with my savory mango sauce, but even though I love it too I wanted to make a variety of sauces because my sister was going to bring chicken wings. So I made strawberry sauce and a guava sauce to dip the wings in. Obviously I had to make the savory mango sauce for my brother regardless. If I arrived at my parent's house without that sauce he would've banished me from his life! The whole purpose of the BBQ in the first place was the mango sauce! So, I brought it and two new sauces for the wings. I must say both sauces were incredible! This post will be for the guava sauce and my next one will be for the strawberry sauce.

A while back  I was looking for a guava sauce recipe to fall in love with, but after researching (and being disappointed by) several recipes I decided to make my own. This is an extremely simple recipe because I love to let the guava be the star so using the least amount of ingredients lets the guava flavor shine! I really loved the result. However what really made my day was being able to be in the kitchen experimenting once again with my hubby watching and tasting everything I was doing. I must confess I'm the kind of girl that loves to entertain and loves making other people happy with my food. So watching my husband eating what I make is the best gift ever!  (Honey if you read this... it doesn't mean I don't love when you buy me cooking books, pot, pans or kitchen tools! Those are amazing gifts too!! Don't stop! ;) ) Now back to the recipe... lol After making this sauce and tasting it, I will probably make a few variations of this basic sauce. So it's probable that you guys will see at least two or three more guava sauces. 
You can use this sweet, simple sauce in meats and even desserts! The sky is the limit! Enjoy!!

Until next time.


Ingredients:

Three triangles of guava paste
1/4 cup of water
1 Tablespoon of brown sugar
1 Teaspoon of white vinegar

Procedure:


This is the guava paste I use.


When you open it you will see it's divided into triangles. Cut three of them into little pieces.

Put the guava paste into a saucepan. Add the water. Mix it at a medium temperature 5-6. Then add the light brown sugar and the white vinegar.

After a few minutes it will have rich, thick consistency. If by any chance you want the sauce a bit more runny add a little water, or remove from the heat sooner. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment