Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Refreshing Summer Salad


I've been away for a while, but I haven't been idle. After two miscarriages I've managed to navigate my way through a succesful pregnancy and now my new baby boy has arrived. It's been a difficult, but rewarding process. Unfortunately that means I've been out of the kitchen for months. Luckily I've spent what little free time I've had thinking and planning a lot of new recepies. Now I'm getting geared up for another journey through food, and to kick things off I decided to try something healthy for my newly expanded family. So here's a new salad recipe for you guys. I decided I wanted something simple and refreshing since this new mommy is hot and VERY busy. It turned out to be a big hit with my hubby who was super excited that I was back in the kitchen! I hope it turns out to be a big hit for you guys too!

Tip:


You can add half an avocado to this recipe. Just cut it into squares and add it before putting the salt and pepper in the salad.


Ingredients:

1 tomatoe
1 cucumber
Cilantro (to taste)
Salt ( to taste)
Pepper (to taste)

Procedure:



First clean all your fruits and vegetabables. Cut the tomatoes (the fruit) in little squares.


Put them in the bowl.


Cut the cucumber down the middle (lengthwise)


Seed the cucumber and cut it in little squares


Put them in the bowl


Cut the cilantro


Put it in the bowl. Salt and pepper to taste.

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment