Saturday, December 27, 2014

Cornmeal



I've always loved eating and making cornbread. Here in Puerto Rico we often make cornmeal for breakfast.  That said I'd never made it before, but I felt adventurous and decided to make it this morning. It's a very simple and easy recipe. It's just a "throw it all in" recipe. It's delicious! I'm trying to make hot cereals for breakfast at least 3 to 4 times a week. So I added this recipe to my regular menu. Hope you guys love it too!

Ingredients:

2 cups of 2% milk
1/8 teaspoons of salt
1/3 cup of cornmeal
1/4 cup of white sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 1/2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
Ground cinnamon (to taste)


Simple ingredients.


Add milk in a saucepan.


Add the salt.


Add the cornmeal.


Add the white sugar.


Add the vanilla extract.


Add the unsalted butter.


Mix at a medium temperature (5-6) 


Keep stirring. You will start to see bubbles.


It's gonna start to thicken.


Sprinkle cinnamon to taste.

1 comment: