Friday, December 26, 2014

Strawberry Sauce



Hi! I know, I know...  I haven't post anything yet... I'm in the middle of a little house renovation. It took longer that I had hoped for. But, at last, here's the  Strawberry Sauce recipe I promise you guys!  This is a very simple recipe, but a very tasty one.  I must say this sauce is very versatile. Not only is it amazing for meat but it's fabulous for desserts!! It tastes amazing on vanilla ice cream and great as a topping for cheesecake! (I will definitely be posting the cheesecake late on.) This post is gonna be a little short because my munchkin decided to wake up! See you next time!

Ingredients:

1pint of fresh strawberries
1/3 cup of white sugar
1 Teaspoon of vanilla extract


Simple ingredients for a great sauce!


Wash and cut the strawberries, and put them in a saucepan.


Add the sugar.


Add the Vanilla.


Mix all the ingredients in the saucepan.


Cook over medium high temperature. Stir occasionally. After a while juices will begin to form. Continue stirring and mash some of the strawberries, to help produce the syrup. Cook until the sauce thickens. (About 15 minutes.)


Remove from the heat. Puree a 1/3 of the sauce then mix it back in with the rest of the sauce.


Pour into a closed container and store it in the fridge until needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment