Thursday, May 28, 2015

Carrot Baby Food


As promised here's another baby food recipe. Colorful, tasty and healthy, carrots are one of my son's favorites. As usual it's a pretty simple recipe to follow. The first time i made them I let them simmer in water, but I've found out it's better to steam them. Steaming preserves the flavor and color much better. My son seems to think so too.  ;)

Ingredients:

Carrots
Water

Procedure:



Put the carrots into the saucepan at a medium temperature.


As soon as they're soft, take them off the stove.


Blend them with a hand blender, stand blender or food processor.


Add a little bit of the water from the saucepan to make it smoother.


I put the baby food in a pastry bag. (I find it easier to handle.)


Pour into ice trays or breast milk pouches. Then put them in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment