Friday, May 29, 2015

Oatmeal Drink



When my husband and I started dating he would take me to a little Mexican restaurant near our university. I remember when we first went he ordered an "horchata". What the hell is horchata? Yes that's exactly what I asked him. Horchata is a popular drink in Mexico made with rice flour, milk, sugar and cinnamon. I tasted it that day with him and fell in love with it.

I've since wanted to play with the concept and I came upon this variation which substitutes rice flour with ground oatmeal (which is more widely available in the US and Europe). It's a great alternative and very, very tasty.





Ingredients:

3 Tablespoons of Ground Oatmeal
2 Tablespoons of granulated sugar
a pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon


Procedure:


Pour the milk in the blender.


Add the ground oatmeal.


Add the white sugar and salt.



Add the cinnamon and vanilla extract.




Mix well.
(If desired refrigerate as it's very refreshing when chilled.) 





Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment