Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pumpkin Soup


I must say I'm totally in love with this soup; it's easy and delicious. This recipe means a lot to me; it was the first soup I made for my husband back during our first Christmas together as a couple. It gives me an amazing sense of warmth and love every time I make it for him. This is gonna sound a little cheesy, but he and my baby boy are the best thing to happen to me. They complete me.


Ingredients:

2 Tablespoons of unsalted butter
1 Tablespoon of olive oil
2 cups of chopped onions
3 cups of chicken stock
2 teaspoons of salt
1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1 Cup of half and half
1 1/2 pound of pumpkin

Procedure:


Put the unsalted butter in the saucepan.


Add the olive oil.


Chop the 2 cups of onions.


Cut the pumpkin into cubes.


Set the stove to a medium temperature.


When the olive oil starts to bubble add the chopped onions.


Mix them slowly until it is translucent.


Get the 1 1/2 pounds of chopped pumpkin.


Add the pumpkin to the saucepan.


Add the salt.


Add the ground black pepper.


Add the chicken stock.


Mix everything in the saucepan.


You'll see the soup starting to thicken.


After having it 20 minutes on the stove cooking set it aside.


Use a hand blender to combine everything.


Make sure the soup is uniform and smooth.


Add the half and half.


Then mix it in. 


Pour into a bowl and top with some chopped green onions. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment