Monday, January 12, 2015

Spicy Crock Pot Pull Pork


Updated photograph of the recipe. 


My husband has been nagging me about making him pulled pork for a while so I decided to finally make it. I decided to take advantage of the fact that it was the holiday. I invited my family over to celebrate New Year's Eve at our house and made this awesome recipe. After waking up at 5:00 am and groggily starting the whole process I realized that I hadn't taken pictures of the process. So I will be posting the recipe, but I'll have to make it again so I can post the photographs of the process. As you can imagine my hubby was "so sad" when he found out he was gonna have to eat pulled pork again... lol. On the photo above I'd made a double recipe for my family. The leftover pork was used to make some amazing sloppy joe's the next day (with a little cheese and bbq sauce!) I promise I will be uploading the photos pretty soon!

This is the original picture of the post. Double recipe.


 Update: I added pictures of the procedure. When I first made the post, it was for a family reunion, so I doubled the recipe. In the procedure photographs you'll see only one pork, except in the last one. That quantity of pulled pork is of two porks. Enjoy!


Ingredients:







Mix of spices:

3 Tablespoons of paprika
2 Tablespoons of salt
2 teaspoons of ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme

Paste mixture:

1/2 cup of honey
1/4 cup of white vinegar
3 Tablespoons of olive oil

Additional ingredients:

1 onion, cut in half
3 to 3 1/2 pounds of pork shoulder


Procedure:

  1. In a mixing bowl, add the spices.
  2. Add the honey, vinegar and olive oil.
  3. Spread the onions along the bottom of the slow cooker.
  4. Place the pork on top.
  5. Pour the honey paste over the pork.
  6. Set the slow cooker on low, and let it cook for 7-8 hours.
  7. Enjoy!



Step by Step Photographs:




In a bowl, add the salt.




Add the paprika. (I used in this recipe the sweet paprika.)




Add the ground black pepper.




Add the cayenne pepper.




Add the garlic powder.




Add the dried thyme.




Mix all the spices.




Add the honey.




Add the red wine vinegar.




Add the olive oil.




Mix everything.





Put the onion along the bottom of the slow cooker.




Place the pork on top.




Pour the honey paste over the pork. 

Set the slow cooker on low, and let it cook for 7-8 hours.




After 8 hours is done!




Enjoy!!




Doubled recipe. (Original Post photograph)





Doubled recipe. (Original Post photograph)

Once again, enjoy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment