Friday, January 9, 2015

Two Milks Sara Lee


I like having  a lot of cookbooks and I love surfing the internet looking for new recipes. Searching through some Facebook cooking pages I found this recipe that was supposedly super easy and delicious. After a week of trying to decide whether or not to make it I decided to take advantage of my next trip to get groceries and got the ingredients to make the dessert. So I headed out with my hubby and got everything I needed.

I did my own take on the original recipe. I added a few things and took away others. The original recipe didn't have vanilla extract, so I added some. (I really like vanilla extract.) The other thing is that the recipe called for cool whip; I prefer making my own whipped cream. Lastly the recipe adds berries or other fruits. I had bananas at home, but my husband doesn't like them on desserts, so I didn't include them. However when I served myself a piece I threw some bananas on and it was delicious. This is the kind of recipe you can play with, so be creative and hace fun! Hope you all love this recipe. Until the next one!



Ingredients for the pound cake mixture:

1 Sara Lee butter Pound Cake (family size)
1 can of evaporated milk
1 can of condensed milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract


Ingredients for the whipped cream:

1 cup of chilled heavy cream
1/2 cup of white sugar
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract


Procedure for the cake:



Cut the Sara Lee pound cake into slices.


 Put the slices into a dish of your preference.


Put the evaporated milk into a mixing bowl.


Add the condensed milk.


Mix well.


Add the vanilla extract and continue mixing.


Pour the milk mixture on top of the pound cake.


Let it soak for a minute.


Mash with a fork.


Spread it out with an spatula.


Put a lid on and let it rest. Refrigerate until you are finished preparing the whipped cream.


Procedure for the whipping cream:


Pour the heavy cream into the mixing machine or you can use a handheld whisk in a cold bowl.


Add the sugar while mixing the milk.


Add the vanilla and mix it.


Procedure to finish the dessert:


Spread the whipped cream on top of the cake.


Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.

2 comments:

  1. GoodSync Crack
    GoodSync Crack is most likely clear to utilize and offers you to protect your records at a great scope with numerous probabilities. Likewise, it gives an undaunted method to synchronize and reinforce your essential information, including video, mp3, documents, and photographs. Then again, the application assists with recover up the most basic and challenging archives and records. Not just this, in any case, it additionally speaks to you the most valuable and open instruments, what’s more, includes that help you in sponsorship up your records in fundamental strategies.
    https://pcsoftnew.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. PC Software Download
    You make it look very easy with your presentation, but I think this is important to Be something that I think I would never understand
    It seems very complex and extremely broad to me. I look forward to your next post,
    Design Doll Crack
    Easypano Tourweaver Pro Crack
    EDIUS Pro Crack
    BurnInTest Professional Crack
    Burnbytes Crack
    Buzof Crack
    CrossOver Mac Crack

    ReplyDelete