Thursday, October 8, 2015

Expresso Iced Coffee




I really, really, really love coffee. There is nothing better than a cup of hot or iced coffee, in the morning or afternoon. The first time I tasted coffee was when I was a baby. My grandmother put some room temperature coffee in my baby bottle and I downed the whole thing! Ever since I've loved coffee. I love going to Starbucks when I can but drinking it everyday can get a little pricey, so I decided to try making iced coffee at home. It was super tasty and very easy to make. I don't like my coffee to become watery. When you buy at Starbucks they use ice cubes, so when it melts all that water gets in the way of your amazing coffee. Wouldn't it be better to make and use expresso coffee cubes? Well, the answer is yes! It's much better!  Hope you guys enjoy it too! Until the next one!




Ingredients:

3/4 cup of water
Ground coffee
1 cup of 2% cold milk
1 tsp of white sugar



I'm making my coffee in a small expresso pot.




Get your ground coffee open.




Fill the bottom of your expresso pot with coffee.




Fill the top of the  pot with 3/4 cups of water and set it on medium high heat on your stove for 5 minutes.




When you remove the pot the coffee should look very dark.




Pour it into a glass container and let it cool.




Grab an ice tray.




Once it's cooled, pour the coffee into the ice tray and freeze it.




Remove the desired number of coffee cubes from the freezer.




I use three cubes per cup of milk.




Put the cubes into the cup.




Pour the cold milk over the coffee cubes.




Add the sugar. and swirl them a bit with a spoon.
They'll begin to combine.




Enjoy!


1 comment: