Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Easy Stove-Top Macaroni & Cheese






The first time I made Mac & Cheese was in 2012. It was amazing to go back through my blog and see where I was then as opposed to where I am now.  I really loved that recipe, it was the only recipe I 'd seen for homemade Mac and Cheese. So I decided to look for other recipes and do a little trial and error until I found the one I loved the most! This version of the recipe is one I've wanted to make for a very long time. I found it a long time ago on food.com. Why the fascination with Mac & Cheese? Well, I used to eat lots of Kraft Mac & Cheese when I was a kid. I remember loving those boxes. Then I grew up and realized that the stuff in those boxes wasn't exactly the healthiest thing in the world. Since having my baby I've decided to really make everything from scratch, from the baby food to everything that he's eating right now. Recently homemade macaroni and cheese has had a resurgence in popularity. Lots of restaurants are even making fancy versions of this classic dish. So I decided to make this recipe at home, relive some of my childhood joy and share it with my son. The result was that he loved it! Hope you guys love it too! I will probably be making some personal versions of this recipe pretty soon. Enjoy! Until the next one!





Ingredients:

8 oz. elbow macaroni
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 dash black pepper
2 cups milk
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 8 oz. (by weight) cheddar cheese


Procedure:

Cook macaroni according to package directions.
In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; stir in flour, salt and pepper, slowly add milk.
Cook and stir until it begins to bubble.
Stir in cheese. Keep stirring until fully melted.
Drain macaroni and add it to the cheese sauce, stir to coat.





Measure 8 oz. of macaroni.




Shred the cheese.




Measure out your cheese.




Cook macaroni according to package directions.




Put the butter in a medium saucepan.




Melt butter over medium heat.




Measure your flour.




Add the flour, salt and pepper.




Keep stirring.




Stir in the milk.




Cook and stir until it begins to bubble.




Stir in cheese.




Keep stirring until fully melted.




Drain macaroni and add it to the cheese sauce.




Stir to coat.




They are done!




Enjoy!




Top with a little cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment