Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Mac and Cheese




I've never made mac and cheese from scratch, so I decided to try it today. I've being thinking about what I'd to cook for my children when my husband and I start having them. Naturally, at least for me, I want them to eat healthy with meals made from scratch at home. So we can say this blog is a prelude for things to come in the future. The macaroni were amazing, extremely tasty. I will definitely be playing with different cheeses and flavors to make new recipes. Hope you guys enjoy them too! 

Ingredients:

½ pound of elbow macaroni
4 Tablespoons of butter
2 eggs
6 ounces of evaporated milk
1 teaspoon of kosher salt
Fresh black pepper to taste
10 ounces of sharp cheddar cheese

Procedure:



In a large pot put water and salt to taste. Wait until the water is boiling and then add the elbow macaroni.



Once cooked drain and put the pasta back in the pot with the butter.



Whisk the eggs, milk salt and pepper.



Add them to the pasta.



Add the cheese and stir on low heat for 3 minutes or until creamy.





Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment