Friday, August 31, 2012

Chicken Lasagna Rolls



Remember those amazing looking chicken lasagna rolls sitting next to the sweet dinner rolls? Well, today I’ll give you guys the recipe. That night I wanted to do something different for my husband and what goes better with those rolls than lasagna? It was late and I really didn’t want to do all the work required for lasagna… so I decided to make lasagna rolls instead. It’s the first time I attempted it, but I think it went pretty good. My husband loved it. Hope you guys enjoy them too! Let me know if you try it!
Ingredients:



For the chicken:
4 chicken breasts (cut in to cubes)
1 onion
1 sweet green pepper
½ teaspoon of salt
1 clove of garlic
4 whole tomatoes
Olive oil (to taste)
1 Tablespoon of unsalted butter
½ teaspoon of fresh oregano
½ teaspoon of fresh basil
½ teaspoon of green onions
½ cup of grated Romano cheese

For the rolls:
6 lasagna sheets
1 cup of mozzarella cheese
½ cup Parmesan cheese
½ cup of Romano
Tomato sauce (to taste)

 Procedure:


Put olive oil on the pan and wait until it's hot. Add the onion, green peppers and garlic.



Add the unsalted butter.




Let it cook until you see the onion is translucent.




Add the chicken.




Cut the whole tomatoes.



Add the tomatoes to the chicken.



 Meanwhile shred the Romano cheese.




Add the herbs to the chicken.




 Add the cheese. Mix everything and let it cook.




Tear the chicken until it's fine. (My husband did it for me and he used a potato masher, instead of tearing it.)




 The end result should look like this.




This is what I used to fill the rolls.




Lasagna "sheet"




Chicken filling




Add the mozzarella




Add the Romano cheese.




Roll the lasagna with the filling. Put it in the pan sheet.




 You should have 6 rolls.




 
 Add your favorite tomato sauce to taste.



Add cheese on top of the rolls and put it in the oven @ 350 degrees until you see that the cheese has melted.

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment