Sunday, August 19, 2012

Honey glaze drumsticks





I wasn’t sure what to make for dinner. I didn’t want to season my meat as I usually do; I want it to be different and a little bit quick. So I made Honey glazed drumsticks. It was amazing. I really never thought that with such a small  amount of seasoning the food would taste so amazing. I really recommend doing this recipe. My husband loved it!






Glaze:  

Drumsticks (I use 5 drumsticks but you can add up to 2 pounds)                                                 
3 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 Tablespoons Honey
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
½ Tablespoon of hot sauce (If you like it really spicy you can add more)
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
1/8-teaspoon garlic powder

Procedure:

1)   Mix all the ingredients for the glaze.
2)   Put the drumsticks in a bowl. (I prefer a Ziploc bag.)
3)   Pour the glaze over the drumsticks. Let it refrigerate at least 1 hour. (I leave it at least 6)
4)   Preheat the oven at 375 degrees
5)   Take out the drumsticks from the refrigerator and put the drumsticks in a ceramic Dutch oven or you can put it in a broiler pan lined with foil.
6)   Pour the rest of the glaze over the drumsticks.
7)   Put them in the oven for 50 – 60 minutes




Put the drumsticks in a sealable bag.




Add the soy sauce.




Add the vegetable oil.




Add the honey.




Add the hot sauce.




Add the salt.



Add the ginger and garlic powder.




Mix well.




Add the mixture to the drumsticks.




Mix well.

No comments:

Post a Comment