Monday, August 20, 2012

Farina

The one in the right is my grandmother.
 
When I was a little girl my grandma used to make me Farina for breakfast every time I stayed at her house during summer vacation. It was just awesome; some of my best memories were made at my grandma’s house. It’s been a long time since I last ate it. The fact is that I haven’t eaten any cereal since, which is pretty bad. So I’ve decided to bring back memories and start eating it again.  I’ll leave you with our recipe for Farina. Thanks for reading me!

Farina
Ingredients:
½ Tablespoon of sugar
½ Tablespoon of brown sugar
1 cup of milk                                                       
cup water
Pinch of cinnamon
¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
2-½ Tablespoons of farina
tsp salt

Procedure:
In a saucepan put every ingredient and at a medium temperature start cooking it; it will thicken. When you notice it’s started to thicken you can remove it from the heat.
All the ingredients @ the saucepan. 

The final product:
Farina

Farina package:

No comments:

Post a Comment