Friday, August 24, 2012

Orzo with spinach and sundried tomatoes!



Hi! This recipe has been around my kitchen for a while. Remember my husband’s best friend Allen? Well they came home and I decided to once again make something different and I found this recipe. They loved it! Since then I’ve made this recipe quite a lot. Last time I made it for my side of the family. Hope you guys can love it as much as we did! Enjoy!

Ingredients:
1 pound of orzo boiled and drained
4 Tablespoons of olive oil
2 Tablespoons of unsalted butter
2 shallots, minced
2 garlic cloves, mashed
¼ cup of sundried tomatoes
2 cups of fresh spinach
¼ cup of chicken stock
¼ cup of white wine
¼ cup of toasted pine nuts
Parmesan cheese (to taste)
Salt (to taste)
Fresh basil

Procedure:

1)   Put the olive oil and unsalted butter in the pan. Once heated put the minced shallots and garlic. Wait until the shallots are soft.
2)   Add the sun dried tomatoes and wine; wait a minute or two.
3)   Add the spinach and the stock and let it reduce until the spinach is cooked. (It will look like the canned spinach from Popeye cartoons.) 


4)   Add the drained orzo and mix well.


5)   Add the pine nuts, parmesan cheese and salt to taste.
 6) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment