Thursday, August 23, 2012

Fruit Punch


Glass of fruit punch

Today's recipe is fruit punch! Here in San Juan, Puerto Rico where I currently live, the temperatures are very high in the summer. Well... today is a very hot day, so I decided to make fruit punch. When my husband came home from work he was really happy. I made  Honey glaze drumsticks with Scalloped potatoes au Gratin with herbs and this fruit punch for dinner. After a long day at the office he was pleased to be home.
Ingredients:
Ingredients
3 cups of frozen pineapple                      
2/3 cup of sugar
1 can of concentrated orange juice
1 can of concentrated guava juice
1 cup of concentrated acerola juice (Caribbean cherry)
2/3 of a gallon of water

Procedure:

1)   Put the pineapple in a bowl with the  sugar and wait until it has thawed.

You will see liquid, that's good!
2)   Put the resulting mixture in a blender and add just enough water to cover the fruit. Now blend until you’ve reached the consistency of juice.
3)   Put the three concentrated juices, the pineapple mixture and the rest of the water in a jar and mix or shake well.
4)   Put it in the fridge and enjoy an awesome fruit punch!

This is the 2 gallon plastic jug I used.
Note: This recipe makes approximately three gallons.

2 comments:

  1. I made the recipe, it tasted super good! Keep it up I will definitely be trying other recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for trying one of my recipes! Hope you enjoyed it. Please go to my fb page and leave a pic if you have one! Thanks again! You just made my day!!

    ReplyDelete