Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake



Today’s a good day for lemon… so why not make a glaze lemon cake? I’ve wanted to use my new bunt cake pan for a long time but I wasn’t able to find a recipe I liked until now. While making this recipe, even though I greased the pan very well, I took it out of the mold a little too soon so a small piece got stock on the pan.  So please, please leave it to cool the required time and make sure to grease the mold.
By the way the flavor was just amazing. Hope you guys enjoy it!

Ingredients:
1 cup of unsalted butter
2 cups of sugar
4 eggs
1 ½ teaspoons lemon extract
1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla extract
3 cups of all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup 2% milk
1 Tablespoon grated lemon zest

Glaze:
¼ cup lemon juice
1 Tablespoon of water
½ teaspoon lemon extract
¾ cup sugar

Procedure:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.


Combine flour, baking powder and salt.

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. 


Add the two extracts to the eggs.


Add the eggs and extracts one at a time. Beat well after each addition.  


Add the flour mixture to the butter and egg mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. 


Stir in lemon zest.


 Grease the bunt pan extremely well. Pour the mixture into the pan.


 Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. 


Cool for 12 minutes; invert onto a wire rack. Cool 12 minutes longer.  


Place parchment paper under rack. 


Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over the warm cake.
Cool completely before serving.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks great! I think I'll try making this for my kids when they come by the house this weekend. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, for looking through my recipes!! I hope you and your kids love it!

    ReplyDelete