Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pork and Beans




I’ve never used a slow cooker in my life, but I found some amazing recipes and wanted to give them a try. I found this recipe in the same book I’ve been writing about these last few days, Taste of Home: Best loved recipes. The only thing I don’t love is that I have to wait 9 to 10 hours to have the food ready… I guess the reason I have never used a slow cooker before is because they are too slow for me. I’m used to making food to be served the moment, only waiting the absolutely necessary time to have my food on the table and ready for the family to eat.
With this recipe I learned that I need to develop more patience. Even though it took a long time to cook I decided to enjoy myself and spent part of that time looking for more recipes while listening to Frank Sinatra. But let’s face it, the wait was really long, and even with Sinatra there to smooth it out… there is a reason why they say a slow cooker is used so you can throw everything in there and forget about it. My problem is that I can’t forget about it. I just know it’s there on the countertop, cooking for me. I may have some control issues (hahaha). Oh well, in the end I guess the important thing is the result, and I must say it was an exquisite result. Oh my God, I’m even improving my “writer” skills… hahaha. Well, hope you guys enjoy this recipe too!




Ingredients:
1 boneless whole pork loin roast
1 medium onion sliced
3 cans of pork and beans
1 ½ cups of barbecue sauce
¼ cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of garlic powder

Procedure:

Place thee pork loin  in the slow cooker.


Top with the onions.


In a large bowl combine the beans,


With the barbecue sauce.


Add the brown sugar.


Add the garlic Powder.


Mix all the ingredients.


Pour the mixture over the meat.


Spread it well.

Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until the meat is tender.


Remove the roast and shred with two forks.
Leave the meat in the slow cooker and heat through.

No comments:

Post a Comment