Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Taste of Home - Picnic Cupcakes




Today’s recipe is cupcakes! I really love cupcakes so every time I see a new recipe I try to make it as soon as possible.  I enjoy making them from scratch but from time to time if a recipe catches my eye I first make the original recipe, and later make my own version from scratch. This recipe is from the book Taste of Home – Best Loved Recipes. There will be some, well… a lot of recipes coming from this book. It’s a new book so I’m pumped to make as many as I can.  But very soon you’ll see me post my “from scratch” version. I’m not that in love with the original version, but let see how the “from scratch version” comes out. Hope you guys love it and enjoy it! Good Night!

Ingredients:
1 package of yellow cake mix (I used betty crocker)
Filling:
1 package of cream cheese (softened)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup of sugar
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Procedure:

Prepare cake batter mix according to package directions for cupcakes. Fill 24 paper lined muffin cups two thirds full.


In a small bowl, add the cream cheese and sugar.


Add the lightly beaten egg.


Beat the ingredients until smooth.


Fold in the semisweet chocolate chips.


Drop tablespoons into batter.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cupcake comes out clean. 


Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.


Hope you guys enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment