Monday, October 8, 2012

Quick Banana Cream Pie



Once again bananas! I just love them and can’t get enough of them! My husband recently bought me a copy of the Taste of Home: Best Loved Recipes, and it was impossible for me not to try this irresistible banana pie. Even though it’s not made from scratch some times I want to dive into a guilty pleasure without a lot of work. And let me tell you this recipe was super easy! I changed it a little bit from the original version (Banana Cream Pie) hope you guys love it!


Ingredients:
1 cup cold 2% milk
1 package of vanilla instant pudding mix
½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
¾ parts of a 12 oz cool whip topping carton
1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
2 medium firm bananas, sliced

Procedure:

In a large bowl, whisk the milk and the pudding mix, for 2 minutes.


Let stand for two minutes.


Add the vanilla extract and mix it in.


Fold in the ¾ parts of the whip topping and fold it until mixed.


Pour part of the pudding mixture into the pie crust. 


Cut the two bananas.


Layer it with banana slices.


Add the remaining mixture and garnish with more bananas if desired.
Refrigerate until serving.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge banana fan (though I'm typing while eating a banana) but this looks really tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Hope you try the recipe, even though you don't love bananas... :)

    ReplyDelete