Monday, September 3, 2012

Brown Butter Frosting




This is the first time I've made this frosting and I'm definitely repeating it. I think it's a great frosting; I love the buttery flavor it has. It was my first time browning butter too, and what an adventure! It will take time to brown so don't worry if 5 minutes have elapsed and you see the butter with the same damn color! But once it starts you will definitely notice. I really hope you guys enjoy this adventure as much as I did. Tomorrow I will be posting the recipe for the spice cake. The combination of this brown butter frosting and the spice cake tastes like Christmas! So if you LOVE Christmas as much as I do, you will love making these two recipes!


-->
Ingredients:
½ cup of unsalted butter
4 cups of sifted confectioner’s sugar
2 Tablespoons of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Procedure:

1/2 cup of unsalted butter = 1 stick of unsalted butter


In a small saucepan heat the butter over low heat ‘till melted.  Continue heating until the butter turns a delicate brown. 

 
Remove from the heat and pour in to a small bowl. 
 
Add the confectioner’s sugar, the milk and the vanilla extract. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Add the butter and beat on medium to high speed, adding additional milk if necessary to reach the desired spreading consistency.


This is the way it's supposed to look. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment