Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sweet Crepes


I first set eyes on crepes while watching Julia Child making crepes suzette; one of the most famous French crepes recipe. I’ve never made them before, it took me some years to work up the courage. I was a little scared about how to cook it and how to get the consistency of the batter just right. All I can tell you is that you will survive the process if you decide to try them, and the end result will be just amazing, flavorful and delicious. The best part of this sweet crepes recipe is that it's very versatile; you can fill them with anything you want! In France they use a lot of jellies to fill them. On this occasion I used Nutella, dulce de leche, and of course bananas! But you can also try the macerated strawberries and make a whipped cream to go on top, you won’t regret it. My only regret was not making them sooner!



Ingredients:
2 eggs
¾ cup of milk
½ cup water
1 cup all purpose flour
3 Tablespoons melted butter
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 Tablespoons white sugar

Procedure:


Put everything in an osterizer and mix it for 10 seconds. Leave it in the fridge for one hour lo let it rest.


This is my crepe pan. For the first crepe put a little bit of butter and maintain the temperature at 3.5 (between low and medium) Put 1/4 cup of the batter in the pan.

Move the pan so that the batter spreads evenly around it.

 
Look at the bottom of the crepe. Once you see this color flip it.


Fill it with whatever you like. I filled this one with dulce de leche.


Fold it in half and then fold it again.


In this picture I made dulce de leche and Nutellea crepes. 


This one was mine! Banana filling with caramel sauce!

Enjoy and have lots of fun making them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment