Saturday, September 15, 2012

Crème Fraiche



This recipe, besides being really easy and laid back is gonna give you amazing results when you  start making pasta carbonara, which by the way is gonna be tomorrow's recipe. When I decided to make it I was very worried about the results because of the weather here in San Juan, Puerto Rico (though in the end it's an easy sauce to make). But the only way to learn is the hard way, and here we are with amazing results. If I can do it you can do it! Why pay between 5 and 10 bucks for a sauce when you can make it yourself at home for a much lower price and enjoy the process of making it yourself?  Take this adventure with me... because very soon you'll be able to even make the pasta from scratch. At least that's what I'm hoping. Enjoy the ride!



Ingredients:

2 cups of heavy cream
2 Tablespoons of buttermilk

Procedure:


In a large jar with a lid add the heavy cream.

Now add the buttermilk.

Stir until combined.

Let it sit at room temperature, because we are in Puerto Rico and our room temperature is not the same as in the United States I put my jar on my countertop and in 9 hours I had the desired texture. If we were in the states and it was colder it could take up to 48 hours. So don’t worry if it takes a while, you’ll get there.

After the 9 hours in the counter top and the night at the fridge this is the texture you'll end up with... like a sour cream. 



No comments:

Post a Comment